2023 ANNUAL COMPETITION RULES
1) Competition is open to all current VP Photo Club members. Photos and any components must be wholly the work of the stated photographer.
2) Photos must be mounted on 11 x 14 boards or placed in an 11 x 14 mat of either black or white.
3) Mats with 8 x 10 and 8 x 12 openings are available for purchase through the Viewpoint Photography Club for the price of $2.00 each.
4) 11 x 14 mount boards are available for purchase through the Viewpoint Photography Club for the price of $2.00 each.
5) A limit of 7 photos may be entered, with no more than ONE (1) in each category. Each photo must have an identifying entry label on the lower center of the back of the mounting board/mat. Labels are supplied by the Viewpoint Photography Club. No identifying information is permitted on the front of the photo or mat.
6) Photos from previous years may be re-entered as long as they have NOT received an Honorable Mention or higher award.
7) Manipulation and modification of photos is limited to the following: resizing, cropping, selective lightening or darkening, red eye reduction, minor restoration, minor color enhancement or softening, and minor sharpening or blurring. Processing techniques such as levels, saturation, sharpening, high dynamic range and panoramic stitching are permitted so long as they appear natural. Minor elements may be removed from a photograph, but no addition of any element to a photograph is permitted except in the Creative Category. All modifications must appear as natural. Any alterations in excess of this will require the photograph to be placed in Creative Category.
8) There are three divisions for judging. Photographers must enter their photographs in the appropriate division, according to their experience and past results: Bronze - Beginning Photographers, Silver- More Advanced amateurs, Gold - Experienced photographers. Members will be moved to the next level up if the average score for their photos (by the judges) is .50 higher than the average for your division. Example: You show in bronze and achieve an average score of 22.4. If the average for the division that year is 21.3, then you will be moved to silver and show in that division for at least one year. This allows members to move up and down in divisions
9) Entries must be delivered to the Viewpoint Photography Club on February 24th 2023, in Classroom 2, between the hours of 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM.
10) The Viewpoint Photography Club will arrange for three judges to evaluate your work. There will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place and Honorable Mention awards given in each category and each division. There will also be three (3) Personal Judge’s Choice awards and a single Best of Show awarded from all entries.
11) During the Annual Viewpoint Photography Club Exhibition on March 12th 2023, attendees will be invited to vote for their “People’s Choice” award in each category and division, and Overall People’s Choice will be awarded. Presentation of the awards will be during the Annual Awards Banquet on March 22nd, 2023.
12) All first place photos, Best of Show and People’s Choice winners will remain in Viewpoint for display in the Photography Awards Hallway near the ballroom until the completion of the 2024 Annual Competition. All other photographs will be available at the Awards Banquet for members to take home.
13) Photographers will retain all other rights to their images. Viewpoint Resort and the Viewpoint Photography Club are not responsible for lost or damaged photos.